Tuesday, November 25, 2008

And So It Begins...

So I did my first run today since the Marine Corps Marathon!

The reason I haven't been running for a month is that my foot was hurting right after the marathon. It was right behind the ball of my foot, right at the beginning of my arch behind my big toe. It hurt to put any weight on the front of my foot. Thinking it might be a stress fracture or a bruised bone, I gave myself a month off from running and mostly stuck to the bike (that one's another post)

Anyways, I spent 20 minutes on the bike (just over 6 miles) then got off and ran 2 miles. Did a few sets of pushups right afterwards, and I'm a bit tired right now. Overall, it took me about 45 minutes. Not bad for a month off from running, huh?

I didn't end up going to PT today. Yesterday, while riding my bike, I took a bit of a fall but caught myself with my hands to break the fall. However, I jammed both my wrists, and I felt that if I showed up for PT, it'd be a killer pushup workout, so I just didn't go.

Seeing as how the title of this blog is "The Long and Lonely Road", I figured I'd show everyone the long and lonely road that starts every run and bike ride of mine...



This is Bayshore drive, going northwest. I do anywhere from 2 to 7 miles on this road, then towards the busier parts of Niceville to do anything longer. It's usually pretty quiet, I only saw one stocky italian guy chugging along on it today, so it's nice for running. Anyways, just something to give you a visual on where I'm running. Maybe a bike ride tomorrow, if I can fit it into getting ready for Thanksgiving?

And thus my journey continutes...

No comments: