Saturday, December 6, 2008

I Hate Treadmills

Yes, I'm still alive...

Emily came down for a few days for Thanksgiving, which was busy, and then immediately after that weekend, I had to go to Dallas TX on a work related trip. I left early Monday Morning, went through Memphis, Chicago, Houston, and then to Dallas. It wasn't too cold there, so I could have run outside had I not been working 12 hour days. Since it was around 9 pm or so when I would get back to change into workout clothes, here's where my running took place:



I can't stand running on treadmills. It's so fake... I'll use one when I have to, but I prefer to actually go somewhere. Treadmills are just noisy and use way too many numbers to make a run enjoyable. Instead of walking out my door, starting at the driveway, running to another pre-determined point, and finishing at my driveway, enjoying the wind against my face and the sunlight or moonlight showing the way, its push start, run a few miles, then push stop, enjoying the sweaty air and the neon lights buzzing overhead. Sign me up for that one...

Anyways, I did a few 2 mile runs while I was there. I brought my perfect pushup things along. (I can't do regular pushups too often, I had wrist surgery and it hurts when I keep my wrist bent too long) Those kept the heart rate up when I wasn't running, so I had a good workout or two while away. Today I had another two mile run and I'll have one tomorrow. I'll stick to two mile runs until next Saturday. The weekends will gradually increase in mileage until I get to the start point of my training plan.

Speaking of the training plan, I noticed today that I have a few marathon distance runs in May and April. I'm thinking about doing the ING Marathon in Atlanta and the Country Music Marathon in Nashville as training runs. This will help me in reaching my goal of a marathon in every state and getting me to the finish for the Keys 50 miler. I'll give it some thought this week before I decide...

No comments: