Sunday, January 4, 2009

Smoked

"Runners wake up tired, and go to bed really tired"

Wow does that apply today! I'm not sure why, but its only 8:30 here and I'm way past ready to go to bed. On Saturday I did a 7 mile run in 1:13 and then on Sunday I did a 6 mile run in 56 minutes. I think its just the fact that I did a back to back long run weekend that I'm so smoked.

I've also been in the process of trying to kick caffeine out of my daily diet. For those of you who don't know, soda is my kryptonite. If I were to say I have one vice, it'd be Dr. Pepper. I love the stuff. Unfortunately, its not very good for you, so I'm trying cut down on it. The problem is that I seem to be addicted to caffeine, and I'm now going through withdrawals. Mid-afternoon, I'll have a splitting headache that makes me just want to lie down for the rest of the day, ruining any chance of working out. If I drink something caffeinated, it'll go away. Anyways, to make a long story short, I'm doing a lot better now. Only half a 20 oz bottle of coke kept the headache away all day. Tomorrow will be the first work day I try to go without it, so I'll see how I do. If its bad, I'll take some bottles to work so I can drink a little of it now and then to keep the headache away, and slowly ween myself off of it. Slowly but surely I'll quit drinking the damn stuff.

This week is another normal week, 2 mile runs scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, an 8 miler on Saturday and a 6 miler on Sunday. Weight lifting Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I'm gonna try riding the bike to work on Friday and see how it goes. If its well, I'll start doing that a few days a week for some extra training and cutting back on gasoline costs.

Anyways, thats it for today, time for BED!!!

No comments: