Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Training

The other day I watched Bart vs. Comrades and couldn't wait to start training for my race.

Right at the end when Bart is talking about how he left everything on the course, that he had nothing left, that's how I want to feel at the end of the Pensacola Marathon in November. More than reaching my time goal, my ultimate goal is to know that I tried my absolute best, that I couldn't have done any better, or run any faster than I did. Like Lou Holtz says, "If you settle for second place, when first is available, you'll do it for the rest of your life."

I'm thinking I'm going to follow one of Hal Higdon's plans for this one, with adding some speed training somewhere in the week. I'm just pumped to begin, and I hope that I can carry that motivation into the rest of training.

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle -"

"victorious"

~Vince Lombardi

No comments: