Sunday, December 7, 2008

190 Days!

Late last night I registered for the Keys 50. Kinda pumped about it now that its an official thing on the list. I'm thinking about also pretty sure about the ING and Country Music Marathons. I'm kinda thinking about the Andrew Jackson Marathon in Jackson Tennessee the weekend before the Country Music Marathon, but I'm not sure if I want to drive to Tennessee two weekends in a row.

Today I woke up early and knocked out a two mile run. When I got back, Joe, my roommate, suggested a long bike ride. Sure, 30 or so miles after a run, I've done it before, shouldn't be too bad, right? Ha...

Joe on the bike


Part of the ride goes right along the Bayou. Pretty nice view


At 17 miles, my front tire started to feel flat, so we turned around. Also, going out is a very gradual constant down hill ride, so it was easy to get up to about 20 miles per hour, no problem. Coming back sucked. Pretty bad wind all the way back, on a partially deflated tire... up hill...

This is me, exhausted, with a few miles to go...


So right now, I'm smoked, but that's good, right? Tomorrow is a rest day, so only lifting after work. Shouldn't be too bad of a day. We'll see...

190 days to the big race!

No comments: